01 August 2008

Every blog starts with a first post

This one is it. I hope to answer your questions first with this post, so I can discuss other matters in other places.

What is taijichuan?

Otherwise known as tai chi, this internal martial art came out of China. It has been developed and studied and is characterized by slow movement through a series of postures designed for martial applications but also having health and wellness properties.

Who is the Dong family?

Dong is another spelling of the name Tung, leading back generations to mother forms. For more on the Dong family, some people have spent considerable time introducing themselves here.

Is it really international?

With students of the family's form on five continents, the family has branched the study of tai chi into the United States, Hong Kong, Australia, Brazil, Singapore, Finland, Greece, France...links to some of the international websites here.

Finally, who am I?

I am Ann Hartter. I have studied since March of 2006 with Roger Skiles, a student of Alex Dong. Roger's school is in Grand Junction, Colorado and Westwater, Utah. I happen to be a writer and occasionally inspired to write about the things I experience. I have written Roger's website, hopefully up soon, link to come, etc. etc. etc. I am a teacher and have a strong desire to study intensively and hope to one day teach tai chi.

No comments:

Post a Comment